In this class, we take a very basic doodle idea – just a rough sketch – and refine the work and turn it into a beautiful embroidery design. We use the doodle as a guide and freehand and fit most of the objects to make them look good in embroidery, thinking outside the embroidery box all the way. We take the design even further and do a few quick modifications with trial and error and come up with two more designs using the elements from the first snowman. We also add some freehand Holly using our grid as the guideline and add it to his hat, for a great looking, super cute final design.
Skills learned in this class:
• How to work with sketches or doodles
• Create original embroidery using only guidelines
• Bringing in images and sizing them correctly
• Reshape for editing notes to make the details fit
• Freehand embroidery creation using the guidelines
• Adding and moving nodes to avoid layer build up
• Grouping objects for easier editing.
Watch this class and you will see how easy it is to create your own embroidery from sketches or doodles!