The Digitizer’s Dream Contest
John Deer’s Digitizing Made Easy Is Proud to Announce an Embroidery Digitizing Contest Created Just for YOU the Home Embroiderer (No Professional Entries Allowed). Enter a Project You’ve Personally Digitized for a Chance to Win the Official Title Of “2017 Digitizer of the Year” and a Grand Prize Valued over $12,000 USD.
No Need to Pinch Yourself… You’re Not Dreaming!
- Enter Your Project: (Entry period ends September 24th, 2017) To enter the contest, contestants will submit stitched out photos of their digitized projects by attaching an image to, and filling out, the “Contest Entry Form” above. Contestant submissions shall be uploaded to the “Contestant Gallery” section of this website alongside the Adorable Ideas Facebook page.
- Vote for Your Favorite: (September 25th until October 25th, 2017) Once the contest entry period has ended, the voting function will go “Live” on our contest’s webpage. This will allow the embroidery community to vote for their favorite entries. The top 20 entries shall be announced as finalists.
- Professional Judging: (November 9th until November 11th, 2017) Finalist entries will be hung and displayed for all event attendees to view at a back-wall space allotted to us by the Original Sew & Quilt Expo. On the final day of the Original Sew & Quilt Expo, designated industry leaders will evaluate and judge the entries live. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners shall be announced based off the judge’s evaluations.
- Only hobbyists/freelance individuals can enter this contest as it’s geared toward home digitizers. Digitizing production companies and those working within a digitizing production company can not enter this contest. Home embroiderers who digitize and have produced and sell their independent work online are welcome to enter, this would be considered a home market business developed from the same roots. Our intent is that individuals who work or are affiliated within the commercial embroidery market are not allowed to enter. As it would create an unfair playing field and contests for the commercial market are currently in place.
- Affiliates of DME and participating Sponsors may not submit contest entries.
- Digitize any design you’d like but please note: No copyright designs are allowed as entries.
- Entries may be digitized in ANY embroidery software program.
- Contest entries must be digitized by the applicant.
- Top 20 Contestants must handle their own shipping fees to get their submissions to the last Original Sew & Quilt Expo event beginning November 9th, 2017. As well as return shipping if item is to be returned.
- Airfare and optional excursions are Not included within the Costa Rican Digitizing Retreat. Costa Rica Retreat Prize is NOT transferable to another party.
- Prizes shipped free within the continental USA. Winners outside of the continental USA are responsible for shipping cost from port of entry.
- Contestants can submit more than one entry.